Deadline: 6 December 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Urban Development Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Urban Development Specialist will be responsible for identifying, developing, processing, implementing and administering loans, technical assistance (TAs) projects, and non-lending products and services (NLPS), and knowledge work in the urban sector, with particular focus on urban infrastructure and services and urban environmental improvement towards establishing inclusive, green and livable cities and contributing to the development of strategic policy and reforms in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and Mongolia.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Urban Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams and colleagues in the division and department to support the development of policies and strategies in the urban and social sectors in the PRC and Mongolia which will achieve urban environmental improvement and social development outcomes in consultation with relevant government agencies and resident missions.
- Undertake the identification, development, processing, and administration of loan and TA projects in the urban sector, pushes the innovation and knowledge envelope.
- Coordinate closely with executing agencies and implementing agencies, and development partners as appropriate, to ensure smooth project implementation and achievement of contract awards and disbursements and development results.
- Provide sound advice to executing agencies on project identification, preparation and implementation.
- Ensure ADB assistance to implementation is compliant and consistent with ADB policies, strategies and procedures and safeguards requirements and ensures smooth project implementation and achievement of the intended outputs and outcome.
- Coordinate effectively with colleagues in the division and regional department and in other ADB offices and departments as appropriate and promote the one EARD and one ADB approach as needed.
- Strengthen the linkage between analytical work, knowledge products and operations to ensure that the suggestions and recommendations are evidence based as well as practical and actionable.
- Liaise with governments, NGOs, and multilateral and bilateral organizations to review and exchange information on urban development issues and programs.
- Strengthen dissemination of the outcome and outputs of key knowledge work and TAs and engages in regional and south-south knowledge sharing.
- Effectively interacts with the concerned Sector Groups in SDCC to have an effective two-way flow of knowledge and leverages Sector Group knowledge as relevant and needed to improve operational work.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Management, Environmental Engineering, and other related fields; preferably at post-graduate level or its equivalent.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience related to planning and implementation of programs and projects for urban development, including water supply, wastewater treatment, urban transport, and integrated approaches.
- Familiarity with multilateral institutions policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and communication, and multidisciplinary skills.
- Ability to write effectively, particularly technical papers and studies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- International experience working on complex development issues in several countries.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.