Deadline: 8 March 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Urban Development Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Urban Development Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Processes and administers sub-regional and DMC specific loan, grant, and TAs in the areas of urban and water sector development, with due attention to country’s development policies, and projects’ impacts on climate change. When assigned, assumes the role of mission leader, and supervises work of mission members and ensures the overall high quality of outputs and reports.
- Develops new lending program in the sector including water supply, wastewater management, sanitation, drainage, solid waste management, housing, urban and regional planning, municipal governance/finance, climate and disaster-resilience, sector restructuring/utility management and reforms. Collaborates with other divisions and departments in ADB to propose integrated solutions in response to DMC needs.
- Identifies and introduces innovative and smart solutions and international best practices while formulating and administering the loans, grants, and TAs. Proposes appropriate contract modalities and leads discussion on procurement issues including review of bidding documents and bid evaluation reports.
- Closely coordinates with resident missions (RMs) in identifying, developing, implementing and administering loans, TA projects, and non-lending products and services (NLPS) for the urban and water sector in Pacific region.
- Liaises and coordinates with development agencies. Undertakes capacity building activities in water supply and sanitation sector policies and practices of Executing Agencies, including urban development.
- Continuously assesses urban and water sector development policies, strategies and programs with a view of ensuring comparability to international best practices, smart solutions and technological advance, and responsiveness to development needs of DMCs.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, urban and regional planning, urban and environmental management, or economics. Alternatively, master’s degree in general fields combined with additional relevant professional experience on urban infrastructure, urban regional planning, urban management, economics or other related fields, can be considered. University degree combined with specialized experience in similar organizations(s) may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 years relevant work experience in urban development and municipal service improvement, urban sector development issues, and in project preparation and administration of projects, practical knowledge and experience in integration of financial, economic, social, institutional and safeguard requirements and issues in project design and execution.
- Broad experience in the preparation of investment projects and analysis of relevant development policies, including knowledge on procurement and consultant recruitment.
- Supervisory skills and experience in leading professionals, teams, and missions for technical matters and projects processing/implementation.
- Working experience in Pacific countries is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.