Deadline: 25 June 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Youth Specialist in Mogadishu, Somalia.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Youth Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support coordination of the integrated youth response by the United Nations family in Somalia, facilitating joint situation and problem analysis, fostering joined-up planning/programming and multi-disciplinary approaches towards collective outcomes, developing joint resource mobilization efforts and collaborating on communications/public information campaigns.
- Chair and provide secretariat support to the Inter-Agency Youth Working Group, and will ensure youth mainstreaming at other platforms including the Senior Management Group (SMG), United Nations Country Team (UNCT), Programme Management Team (PMT), as well as other thematic working groups such as Durable Solutions, Peacebuilding Fund Working Group, the UN Information Group, etc..
- Provide the Federal Government of Somalia and Federal Member States with technical expertise on youth policies and programmes, arranging meetings and providing general information on the United Nations system.
- Provide a coordination and information-sharing platform for donors and government ministries and entities on youth issues, facilitating engagement with youth serving and youth-led civil society organizations.
- Oversee the implementation of the UN Youth Strategy for Somalia (2017-2020) and to lead the development of the new Youth Strategy (2020-2023), enabling greater effectiveness, efficiency, coherence and transparency in the United Nations youth interventions in Somalia.
- Assist in liaising and outreaching to youth representatives and youth-led organizations across Somalia.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree) in youth work, community development, sociology, international affairs, politics, economics, law, urban planning and other social sciences or related field is required.
- Bachelor University Degree with additional 2 year’s of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressively responsible international experience in youth development, programming and policies is required.
- Previous experience in the UN system is preferable.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of Somali is considered an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.