Deadline: 1 June 2016
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Kinshasa, Congo.
The Administrative Officer will provide substantial assistance with administration, budgetary and financial management matters ensuring accountability and adherence to the UN Financial Rules and Regulations.
OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Serve as a Senior Administrative Officer for an OCHA field office and sub offices (if applicable) including providing guidance on administrative structure, internal control systems, implementation of the UN Financial Rules, Regulations and Guidelines, use of official forms, protocols, etc.
- Manage and advise the Head of Office on the cost planning process, including cost estimates, redeployment of funds as appropriate, staffing plans and justification of expenditures.
- Monitor OCHA field office expenditures against approved cost plans, ensuring regular verification and reconciliation of charges made by UNDP or other local service providers on behalf of OCHA.
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding NGO and UN Agency reports for grants and allocations provided to third parties.
- Ensure reporting on financial and administrative issues including for headquarters and donors.
- Conduct and negotiate administrative agreements such as cost sharing arrangements, service provision, etc. with third parties, in particular, UNDP as OCHA’s main service provider for field-based activities.
- Oversee recruitment of national staff, including vacancy management and staff selection process.
- Participate in interview panels for recruitment of administrative personnel (both international and national).
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law or related area, is required.
- University degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, accounting, human resources management, or other related area, is required.
- Field experience in emergency situations is desirable.
- Experience in the UN Common System or other international organization handling finance-related matters is desirable.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OCHA.