Deadline: 7 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Officer in Congo.
The Communication for Development Officer will support the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of C4D interventions to support the mission of UNICEF in Maniema province.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the development of activities related to changes in behavior and the development of communication strategies and action plans, achieving / facilitating research, compilation and analysis of relevant data.
- Follow the implementation of communication activities for development by reviewing progress and identifying constraints through field visits, consultations with government counterparts, partners and UNICEF staff.
- Monitor communication activities with emphasis on quality assurance and the proper use of funds allocated to partners in accordance with planning and partnership agreements.
- Assist in the design, development, pre-testing, production and evaluation of culturally relevant communication materials, and supervise the quality aspects of production (e.g. quality control, translation, revising the layout and graphic design).
- Monitor and evaluate the appropriate distribution and timely communication materials for development to target audiences and participate in the evaluation of their impact.
- Ensure documentation of good practices learned and lessons and transfer relevant information on social mobilization from the field at the national office of UNICEF.
Applicants must have-
- Graduate degree (BA) in Communication, Social Sciences, or a related field ((sociology, anthropology, psychology, health education).
- 2 years of experience in the areas of communication, social mobilization and community participation.
- Experience in the areas of development communication, preferably in the aspects of: participatory communication, communication planning, social mobilization, behavior change, community empowerment and gender genres.
- Experience with UNICEF is an asset.
- Mastery in French and good knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of / or language (s) spoken (s) locally will be a major asset.
- Nationality of Congolese (DRC).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.