Deadline: 30 June 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications and Media Relations Officer in Brazzaville, Congo. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications and Media Relations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Build and maintain partnerships with, as well as databases of, major media houses at regional and country levels.
- Provide guidance and training to regional and country-level media on reporting on public health.
- Write, draft and edit WHO communications documents, press releases, talking points, success stories, advocacy materials.
- Build the capacity of, and work with WHO experts, to respond to media queries/interviews.
- Organize roundtable discussions, press conferences, and briefing sessions with press.
- Facilitate interviews with senior managers connect media with WHO subject experts.
- Build the capacity of country-office communications officers on media relations, operational aspects of communications including matching media with messaging goals.
- Review and advise on media products for the advocacy material of the Clusters and/or departments as needed.
- Collaboration with country focal points, generate materials for outreach to partners and donors to increase the visibility of the impact of their funding and partnerships with WHO/AFRO.
- Conduct media monitoring and evaluation of media products.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, political or international relations, health communications or related fields.
- At least 5 year’s professional experience developing communications products, with a focus on writing text for speeches, advocacy publications, feature stories, video or radio scripts talking points and media products.
- Previous experience with international organizations such as UN agencies, NGOs, Multilateral Banks, or a multinational environment.
- Proficiency knowledge of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel, and graphic development (Word Art, In Design, Illustrator) an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of a wide range of communications channels (print, web, broadcast, campaigns and on-line).
- Thorough understanding of the impact of communications on the reputation, image, and success of an Organization, including the role of media and social media.
- Ability to transform technical information for different target audiences.
- Excellent analytical, writing and editing skills.
- Expert knowledge of English and intermediate in French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.