Deadline: 13 July 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Operations Support and Logistics Manager in Djoué, Congo. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Emergency Operations Support and Logistics Manager will perform the following functions:
- Lead the development and implementation of EPR’s operations and logistics procedures, based on existing emergency SOPs.
- Maintain a close eye on performance to optimize efficiency, anticipating probable issues, supporting resolution and drafting required correspondences to stakeholders.
- Ensure that relevant staff are aware of and adhere to appropriate standards of logistics procedures and policies, including that all emergency logistics staff receive adequate briefing and training.
- Advise internal and external stakeholders on logistics and operations components of specific projects, taking into consideration cross-cutting issues, such as gender, diversity, conflict sensitivity, sustainability, and environment.
- Lead architectural design of field camps, treatment centers and laboratory level 3 plans in a context of crisis.
- Plan and monitor all matters related to the procurement of commodities.
- Manage and update procurement processes.
- Collaborate with emergency projects personnel to prepare their field procurement plans.
- Ensure maintenance of emergency supplies, material, vehicles, trailers or other specialized equipment. Maintain emergency stock warehouses in the Region in line with the response requirements, monitor storage/distribution and ensure re-allocation as needed.
- Maintain effective allocation system and safe use of vehicles.
- Ensure provision of efficient and timely support services in all field operations in relation to supply chain management.
- Promote a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach and provides orientation to procurement personnel.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s or equivalent graduate Degree in logistics or in a related field from a recognized institution.
- Possession of an associate’s Degree in emergency management, homeland security, fire and life safety, or related field such as risk management or continuity planning.
- 15 year’s operational experiences at national and international levels in emergency management, transportation, supply chain, warehousing or similar field.
- Experience in civilian or military logistics.
- Specialize training in emergency/humanitarian response and training in leadership or management.
- Communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, high-level officials, public organizations, and the general public to exchange or convey information.
- Exercise sound independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines.
- Prepare clear, concise, accurate, and effective reports, correspondence, informational packets, and other written materials.
- Perform superior organizational, project management, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Maintain composure and function effectively in potentially challenging circumstances.
- Engage with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, in person and over the telephone, and related capabilities and abilities.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French and Portuguese.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.