Deadline: 6 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Support Services in Kinshasa, Congo. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Head of Support Services will be responsible for providing an efficient and integrated support service for the Operational Hub.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Support Services will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical advice and operational guidance on innovative approaches to project financing, risk assessment/mitigation and use of financing structures, mechanisms instruments and guarantees.
- Provide assistance and support to programme and project budget preparation, revisions and work planning.
- Provide input into project engagement and acceptance documents including assisting with contract negotiations.
- Provide advice on goal setting, targets and performance standards for projects and recommend tools for monitoring, evaluation and auditing.
- Evaluate contractual arrangements and legal commitments/risks for appropriate action.
- Oversee the efficiency and integrity of the procurement evaluation process to ensure cost-effective procurement of goods and services.
- Monitor, track and control expenditure to ensure optimum and appropriate use of resources.
- Plan personnel required for Operational Hub programmes/projects.
- Manage the acquisition, maintenance, inventory, recording, verification and protection of project and administrative facilities/assets, including IT infrastructure, equipment and servers.
- Contribute to the development and introduction of innovation to ensure UNOPS is continually incorporating best practice approaches in Operational Hub support services.
- Oversee procurement and logistics of Hub basic services.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Finance, Development Studies or other related disciplines is required.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Development Studies or other related disciplines with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced Degree.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience covering at least two of the following operations functions: Procurement, Finance/Audit, Logistics/ Asset Management and Human Resources.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience, including a proven track record managing staff and operational systems and rules and policies in the areas of contracting, procurement and human resources is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of French and English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.