Deadline: 2 Jun 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Natural Resources Management Specialist in Brazzaville, Congo.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Natural Resources Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support GEN07 in the preparation and implementation of lending operations and ASAs in coordination with the government of the Republic of Congo, donors and other stakeholders particularly in the areas of forests, natural resource management, and biodiversity conservation:
- Support and/or lead operational and analytical work on REDD+, forests and the links to poverty reduction and development in the context of economic development and rational land use across sectors.
- Support the Republic of Congo in finalizing its Emission Reductions Program Document for submission to the FCPF Carbon Fund.
- Support the Republic of Congo in developing its REDD+ Investment Plan for submission to the FIP and CAFI.
- Facilitate and maintain effective communication with local partners, NGOs, civil society, the private sector, as well as specialized international organizations.
- Provide environmental safeguards support to investment operations under preparation and supervision by other Global Practices in the Republic of Congo:
- During project preparation: identify which of the Bank’s safeguards policies will be triggered; assist the borrower/project implementation agency in preparing these instruments and review them for quality; contribute well-written summaries of key safeguards instruments for inclusion in project documentation.
- During project implementation: supervise compliance with the Bank’s safeguards policies by building effective working relationships with the borrower/project implementation agency to ensure proper understanding of the policies, help the borrower/implementing agency apply the safeguards policies effectively.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant discipline with a preference given to forestry, and as alternatives environmental science, environmental economics, biology, public policy, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the environmental sector, including proven experience in forest landscape projects.
- Good knowledge of environmental legislation and institutions in Central African countries.
- Familiarity with the application of the World Bank’s environmental safeguards policies.
- Familiarity with social safeguards issues and particularly an understanding of social issues related to forests.
- English and French are Essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.