Deadline: 14 June 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Brazzaville, Congo. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Programme Officer will provide leadership and vision in the WHO African Region, to facilitate planning, programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and support and promote research activities.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Oversee the Cluster Director’s e-mail and other correspondence information flow: analyze information, identify priorities, initiate responses when appropriate, coordinate with internal/external parties to ensure requisite and timely follow up on actions, monitor progress, provide regular updates to Cluster Director.
- Assist the Cluster Director in liaising with technical focal points within the Cluster concerning the Cluster Director’s technical agenda.
- Support the Cluster Director in the preparation and review of technical documents, papers and reports as required by the Cluster Director.
- Edit electronic and hard copy correspondence as well as managerial documentation prepared in English or French for Cluster Director’s signature, ensuring compliance with rules, regulations and procedures.
- Attend meetings with the Cluster Director whenever necessary, prepare minutes and ensure timely and efficient follow up on implementation of ensuing actions.
- Generate and monitor the implementation of Cluster and Executive Management action points for the attention of the Director.
- Execute any other duties as required by the Cluster Director.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in public health or technical health profession.
- Post-graduate training in public health, business administration or international development would be an added asset.
- 5 years of relevant experience in efficiently and effectively managing the Office of an inter-governmental/ international organization Director.
- Documented experience in planning and managing the attendance and participation of the Director in High-level meetings and Governing Body events within the United Nations system.
- Proven experience in planning and managing appropriate interactions relating to the Director’s technical agenda with results-based focus.
- Additional years of proven experience in responsible roles involving the application of administrative and management principles and practices within the United Nations system.
- Fluency in English or French and a very good working knowledge of the other.
- Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.