Deadline: 13 June 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Human Resources Manager in Brazzaville, Congo. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Human Resources Manager will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the organizational development-related activities in the African Region.
- Assist managers in the Regional Office, the Inter-Country Supports Teams and the WHO Country Offices to translate their business strategies into people strategies and relevant HR actions, in order to build a workforce capable of delivering tangible results related to strategic objectives.
- Develop and drive recruitment strategies, outreach, talent management programmes, succession plans and standards that ensure a robust selection process.
- Lead regional initiatives on staff development and learning strategies and programmes, in conjunction with senior management and counterparts at WHO/HQ, in order to expose staff across the African Region to best thinking and available best practices.
- Manage HR operations for the African Region, in collaboration with the Global Service Center.
- Provide consistent administrative oversight on HR-related issues across the Region, in accordance with the Organization’s Policies, Rules and regulations.
- Develop and lead the implementation of new approaches, working methods, refined processes and programmes needed to support new ways of working and a paradigm shift that enables the HR team to create efficiency and add real value for business clients and staff.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in human resources management or industrial relations or public/business administration, or other related areas.
- Highest level academic background (at Ph.D. level) or specialized post-graduate training or professional certification.
- More than 10 years of relevant and progressive experience in people management issues, including at least 5 years working outside a HQ setting.
- Relevant experience in developing countries, and experience in working in an HR capacity in the private sector and within the UN System.
- Computer literacy: word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Knowledge of an ERP system, preferably ORACLE applications.
- Excellent Knowledge of English or French with a very good knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.