Deadline: 11 October 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader in Brazzaville, Congo. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Leader will perform the following functions:
- Lead the HPD Programme and coordinate the development of regional HPD policies, strategies, programmes and activities in collaboration with other WHO technical clusters, and partners, in an integrated manner in the context of Universal Health Coverage.
- Oversee the development and implementation of regional and country capacity-building policies, strategies and approaches towards the implementation of best practices on all aspects of HPD, while focusing on health promotion.
- Facilitate the sourcing and provision of expert technical assistance to country HPD programmes, including promoting the use of technical resource networks and leveraging in-country institutional capacities to enhance sustainability.
- Conduct high level advocacy and policy dialogue and establish/strengthen partnerships, including with academia, professional associations, inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations and institutions, for the harmonization and alignment of actors and resources in the formulation and implementation of national action plans, as an integral part of strengthened and resilient national health systems, in order to promote health and address the social determinants of health at all levels.
- Identify research needs and priorities aimed at improving universal access to HPD services at country level, including promotion and strengthening of research capabilities, and support the addition of new knowledge and technologies into country health systems.
Applicants must have:
- Post Graduate Degree in either Health Promotion, Public Health or Social Sciences.
- Minimum 10 year’s combined national and international experience in managing SHD development, implementation, and evaluation programmes.
- Experience in working with Government, UN counterparts and development partners at the country level including organizing high-level meetings.
- Sound experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least five years’ experience inclusive at national or international level.
- Experience in mobilizing resources and managing multi-partner relationships.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.