Deadline: 29 January 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Area Coordinator in Central African Republic. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Area Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management of programmes in Ombella M’Poko and Lobaye prefectures in the Central African Republic.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Programme Implementation
- Oversee and ensure quality implementation of all programmes in line with Concern’s strategy, sector approaches (including WASH and Livelihoods), internal policies and procedures and recognised best practices, core and minimum standards.
- Contribute to and coordinate the team in the development and submission of concept notes, proposals and reports in collaboration with the Programme Director
- Ensure implementation of all projects and programmes as per budgets, work-plans, results & monitoring frameworks, procurement plans etc.
- Make sure logistical, financial and human resources potential are optimized, in line with the Concern values, standards and policies.
- Financial management
- Overall responsibility for the integrity of the finance systems in Ombella M’Poko and Lobaye prefectures and ensuring strict adherence to Concern’s Financial Policy and Procedures.
- In collaboration with the Base Manager ensure financial projections are prepared and submitted to CD, PD and Finance Dept.
- Human Resource management
- Lead, manage and motivate the team ensuring that staff directly line managed have clear objectives, works plans and receive meaningful and regular feedback on their performance along with identification of professional development opportunities.
- Participate in the recruitment of national staff, including development of job descriptions, and liaise with HR for supporting the recruitment process.
- Strengthen and build the programmatic, managerial and operational skills of staff through on-job mentoring and coaching, feedback mechanisms, ensuring their participation in relevant trainings.
- Security Management
- The Areas Coordinator is the Security Focal Point (SFP) for Ombella M’Poko and Lobaye prefectures and ensures the local Security Focal Group is functioning effectively.
- Ensure the team and visitors understand and adhere to the Concern Worldwide Security Management Plan (SMP) and the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Monitor and report on the security situation and any security incidents in the programme area, in a timely manner, to the CD, SD and PD and ensure appropriate follow up
- Ensure timely completion of internal and donor reports and related documentation adhering to Concern Worldwide standards and requirements of the contract.
- Provide Monthly Reports and work-plans on time, in the right formats with the correct information; provide weekly programmes updates to PD and CD.
- Coordination, Networking and Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders at sub-prefecture level – including armed and civil actors, community leaders, NGOs, UN agencies, community based organisations, beneficiaries and other key stakeholders – to enhance cooperation and coordination and to minimise security issues.
- Represent Concern during potential visits by donor agencies, the National Authorities, UN Agencies, partners and other stakeholders.
- Safeguarding Policies and Complaints Response Mechanism
- Ensure the dissemination and full implementation of all aspects of Concern’s Safeguarding policies (P4, Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking policy) and report violations to the SD and CD.
- Lead the Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) process for Ombella M’Poko and Lobaye prefectures including assuring that the CRM is in place in the community and at the field offices and that the CRM committee meets and reports monthly as per agreed guidelines
Support the senior management team in investigations as required.
Applicants must have-
- Relevant degree (international development or related discipline).
- At least 3 year’s experience of managing and coordinating field based operations preferably in food security, health and nutrition sectors in remote and fragile locations.
- Relevant experience in supervising, managing/coaching, training and develop skills of others.
- Previous experience in project design, planning, monitoring and evaluation in development and humanitarian context.
- Experience in dealing with local authorities, national and international NGOs/UN agencies.
- Experience and ability to lead a multi-sectoral programme team of international and national staff working in a remote location.
- Experience of monitoring and reporting of budgets across a programme and ensuring effective and accountable use of funds.
- Excellent communication skills in French both written and verbal, and good working knowledge of English.
- Master’s in development studies, rural development, WASH, public health, or any other development related study.
- Experience in promoting community participation in programme design, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience of working in challenging, insecure areas and willingness to work and live in a remote environment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Concern Worldwide.