Deadline: 13 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Coordination Support Officer in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 364 days.
The Coordination Support Officer will provide administrative, logistical, secretarial and technical coordination support to the smooth functioning of the WASH Development Partner’s Group.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Coordination Support Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the Chief of WASH- UNICEF in donor-donor and donor-government coordination efforts aimed at promoting effective aid coordination and harmonization agenda on the country level.
- Serve as a focal point among development partners (DP) where coordination issues are concerned.
- Regularly liaise with the donors, Government, NGOs, private sector, media and other parties as required in the aid coordination and harmonization issues.
- Maintain an updated donors database and mapping of DP interventions in the country.
- Collect inputs from DPs on major achievements or highlights to be included in the Quarterly Newsletter for sharing with wider audiences and contribute to web site updates as required.
- Support activities of any coordination structures that may be established (Working Groups, Steering Committees, etc.) to prepare and consolidate inputs for major collaborative initiatives.
- Contribute to joint planning and budgeting exercises as may be required.
- Prepare and distribute minutes of the donor coordination meetings.
- Analyze global best practice and lessons learned on donor coordination and aid harmonization.
- Support to prepare background concept notes and papers.
- Assist the donor community to coordinate their joint responses to the Government.
- Collect general information, donor reports, letters and other documents and catalog them in an easily searchable and accessible manner.
- Contribute to the WASH section’s endeavors in Sanitation financing and other economic/policy analysis.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Economics, Social Sciences, International relations, development studies, business or related field.
- At least one year of professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization or private sector.
- Good communications, analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, both in terms of written and oral communication.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.