Deadline: 5 September 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator in Amman, Jordan. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate overall Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) efforts towards implementing strategies to interrupt poliovirus transmission in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategic plans and policies including priority setting, allocation of resources and budget and financial analysis needed to achieve the objectives of the GPEI Hub.
- Develop and manage consolidated GPEI Hub work plans in support of NEAP implementation in Afghanistan and Pakistan, in collaboration with country offices.
- Ensure efficient monitoring and evaluation of eradication activities in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Collaborate with HQ, Regional and Country Offices (CO’s) of WHO, and Partner Agencies.
- Monitor the work of the GPEI Hub in supporting national eradication efforts, taking and guiding corrective actions as needed.
- Prepare regular reports to the GPEI (e.g. Strategy Committee and Polio Oversight Board) on progress and challenges to meeting the Hub objectives.
- Ensure the development of regular progress reports on implementation of the Hub work plans and their dissemination to all concerned bodies; monitor, in collaboration with HQ and COs, the impact of activities and progress towards the objectives of GPEI’s Strategy.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Degree in public health, international relations, social science or a related field.
- At least 15 years of relevant work experience in public health and/or humanitarian programmes at national and international level some of which in EMRO region countries.
- Several years of experience in the direction and management of a public health programme, including in polio eradication.
- Senior-level leadership experience in a programme with substantial human resources management and decision-making responsibility for technical, financial and administrative elements.
- Experience in managing technical programmes within the UN.
- Experience in strategy development and implementation.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills in international and multi-cultural settings at the global/regional level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide independent leadership in such periods with capacity to organize, monitor and synthesize information quickly and concisely.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of modern management techniques.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at WHO.