Deadline: 5 September 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator in Amman, Jordan. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate overall Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) efforts towards implementing strategies to interrupt poliovirus transmission in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategic plans and policies including priority setting, allocation of resources and budget and financial analysis needed to achieve the objectives of the GPEI Hub.
- Develop and manage consolidated GPEI Hub work plans in support of NEAP implementation in Afghanistan and Pakistan, in collaboration with country offices.
- Ensure efficient monitoring and evaluation of eradication activities in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Collaborate with HQ, Regional and Country Offices (CO’s) of WHO, and Partner Agencies.
- Monitor the work of the GPEI Hub in supporting national eradication efforts, taking and guiding corrective actions as needed.
- Prepare regular reports to the GPEI (e.g. Strategy Committee and Polio Oversight Board) on progress and challenges to meeting the Hub objectives.
- Ensure the development of regular progress reports on implementation of the Hub work plans and their dissemination to all concerned bodies; monitor, in collaboration with HQ and COs, the impact of activities and progress towards the objectives of GPEI’s Strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in public health, international relations, social science or a related field.
- At least 15 years of relevant work experience in public health and/or humanitarian programmes at national and international level some of which in EMRO region countries.
- Several years of experience in the direction and management of a public health programme, including in polio eradication.
- Senior-level leadership experience in a programme with substantial human resources management and decision-making responsibility for technical, financial and administrative elements.
- Experience in managing technical programmes within the UN.
- Experience in strategy development and implementation.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills in international and multi-cultural settings at the global/regional level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide independent leadership in such periods with capacity to organize, monitor and synthesize information quickly and concisely.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of modern management techniques.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WHO.