Deadline: 1 December 2018
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Coordinator will perform following functions:
- Develop innovative ways in articulating country focus policy and influencing WHO’s process impacting country level work to better respond to country needs.
- Design and implement an assessment framework for assessing WHO’s contribution to the health outcomes at country level.
- Direct the planning, implementation and monitoring of the CCS aimed at strengthening national health systems.
- Lead the analysis and the dissemination of information and intelligence on country presence for sharing best practices and lessons learned to improve the performance of the secretariat.
- Manage the effective functioning of the country support unit network including the strengthening of country support units in the regional offices.
- Represent the Organization in inter-agency, international and national meetings, as appropriate, providing the recognized authoritative advice to external partners and Member States on WHO’s country focus policy and strategies that expand the organization’s opportunities to better support the country needs and demand.
- Any other duties assigned by the Director.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Post graduate degree from a recognized university in Public Health or preferably in health policy analysis and health management.
- More than 15 years experience of dealing with health development and health management issues in different national contexts.
- Experience of working with both: international agencies and at national level. Experience of managing and coordinating collaborative work with several stakeholders in and outside the organization.
- Broad knowledge of public health issues and health systems.
- Ability to work harmoniously in a collaborative workspace; excellent organizational, analytical, inter-personal, negotiation and coordination skills.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.