Deadline: 28 November 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Economic Recovery Coordinator in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The overall purpose of the Economic Recovery Coordinator role is to ensure a streamlined, fit-for-context economic recovery program in Iraq, across various field bases and humanitarian contexts.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economic Recovery Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Technical Oversight
- Develop program strategy and priorities based on thorough understanding of needs and context.
- Ensure that programme strategy, and design is integrated with other DRC sectors.
- Lead development, harmonization, and roll out of SOPs, tools and guidelines.
- Technical Line Management
- Development of harmonized job descriptions and structures in all area offices.
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff in the same field.
- Identify technical gaps and support capacity building for technical line reports.
- Programme Development, Coordination, and Oversight
- Lead design, finalisation and oversight and coordination of proposals and projects, in coordination with Area Managers and PMs.
- Lead on developing assessments, including inter-sectoral assessments to inform evidence based planning.
- Coordination and Donor Engagement
- Lead participation at Clusters, including direct participation at the national level and coordination of representation at the sub-national level. Also participate in working groups/strategic advisory groups, to represent DRC and its mandate.
- Act as the main sector-level point of contact with donors; support donor visits to the field.
Applicants must have:
- Masters in Social Sciences or other relevant field.
- Strong Economic Recovery experience including experience in representation with clusters and other protection actors.
- Strong Cash experience.
- Experience in rapidly changing humanitarian contexts.
- Experience with representation and communication.
- Experience with capacity building, including in settings with remote technical management.
- Strong technical experience in development and roll out of SOPs.
- Substantial experience in both a technical advisory role and program management and implementation.
- Strong proposal development and report development skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.