Deadline: 8 March 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Manager (Cluster Coordinator) in Mogadishu, Somalia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Manager will perform the following functions:
- Inclusion of key humanitarian partners
- Establishment and maintenance of appropriate humanitarian coordination mechanisms
- Coordination with national/local authorities, State institutions, local civil society and other actors
- Attention to priority cross-cutting issues
- Planning and strategy development
- Application of standards
- Monitoring and reporting
- Advocacy and resource mobilization
- Training and capacity building
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University degree (Master’s or higher) in areas of education, teacher education, primary & secondary education, special education, education strategies, education economics, ECD, early childhood education or related field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience, four of which should be in direct education emergency experience. Two of these would be based in the field at a team leader/education programme management level – 2 years’ experience of responding to first phases of an emergency and a minimum of 2 years’ experience with either the UN and/or NGO.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of humanitarian reform principles, international humanitarian law, inter-connectedness and reform pillars & reform updates
- Knowledge of the Cluster approach guidelines and terms of Reference (and knowledge of how to apply them)
- Knowledge of cluster participants (their mandates, capacities, attitudes, limitations,) and how to integrate them into the cluster approach
- Ability to mitigate and mediate conflict and disagreements among cluster partners
- Ability to use and adapt cluster coordination tools (e.g. stakeholder mapping, CERF, HRP, Flash Appeals, IM tools, Need-Capacity-Resource Mapping, Contingency planning
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.