Deadline: 2 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Field Office Coordinator in Al_Mukha, Yemen. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The purpose of the Field Office Coordinator is to coordinate the support functions, be in charge of Al_Mukha sub office administration and contribute to the strengthening of project cycle management, with emphasis on effective supervision of support functions.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Field Office Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Administration of the field office, supports the area manager in management and coordination of the sub office.
- Responsible for oversight of an efficient, compliant and accountable support functions which meets programme needs.
- Engage with procurement and supply chain.
- Planning and follow up throughout project cycles.
- Direct line management of support staff (and when necessary Program staff), ensuring capacity building is provided to staff (e.g. identification of training needs, development of individual work and development plan, etc.).
- Oversight of recruitments, performance management, training, induction, other HR & Admin related issues.
- Provide inputs to the area strategy, design and needs assessment of the programme. Together with the area programme manager (APM), contribute to the development of new proposals and concept note for the west coast.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements; which includes optimal use of resources within allocated budget; working with support manager to ensure financial, security and reputational risks are kept to a minimum.
- Follow up and ensure that monthly report pertaining to support function are shared on timely manner.
- Verify that filing tree is updated on monthly basis with all required auditable documents for support.
- Responsible for identifying compliance risks areas and mitigation measures, including spot checks, field visits and in depth reviews of documents and processes.
- As and when requested, represent NRC in external forums, ensuring the NRC profile is positively maintained as per NRC values, objectives, strategy and advocacy plan. This includes maintaining contact with relevant local authorities or non-state actors, and when required with UN and other agencies; ensuring that NRCs mandate, vision, approach an activity is understood and accepted.
Applicants must have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in planning, coordination and management in humanitarian setting.
- Preferably experience in finance, logs & HR.
- A proven record of effective and complex management including managing project cycle management and staff.
- Excellent people management skills, with a good understanding of programme cycle, team development and proven financial management skills.
- Security management experience – with the ability to analyse threat and vulnerability and put in place mitigation measures.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.