Deadline: 20 November 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Field Project Coordinator in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Field Project Coordinator will provide project implementation support for the field component of this project, mainly consisting of traveling to each country on a regular basis, liaising with project partners, Government and European Commission representatives and field staff, monitoring implementation of project activities to ensure they meet targets, providing technical and capacity-building support and reporting on project progress in both English and French.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Field Project Coordinator will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Draft quarterly and bi-annual reports on progress toward established project objectives based on project partners’ reports and field visits:
- Contribute to UNEP bi-annual reporting system with concisely drafted inputs on project implementation and supporting documentation.
- Analyze and synthesize the project partner’s annual narrative and financial report against project targets.
- Liaise with project partners and project field staff to monitor implementation and progress toward project objectives.
- Undertake regular field site visits to monitor project implementation and provide guidance and technical support to project country teams as detailed in mission reports, bi-annual reports and monthly newsletters:
- Travel to project field sites on a regular basis to undertake field level monitoring assessments to ensure that activities meet project objectives.
- Report on project implementation progress in mission reports, bi-annual reports and the monthly highlights newsletter for internal project communications.
- Undertake coordination meetings with European Commission and Government focal points in the field project countries, as needed.
- Draft other communications materials on project implementation as needed, including a monthly newsletter and contributions to the project website:
- Draft monthly highlights, an internal newsletter with brief updates from each project country team, with a monthly story on project implementation.
- Ensure that each country project fact sheet is updated (for Haiti in English and French).
- Contribute to the project website to ensure that each project webpage is updated.
- Facilitate and organize periodic workshops on ecosystem-based disaster risk reduction and related technical topics in English and French, as required:
- Adapt existing training materials on ecosystem-based disaster risk reduction to deliver trainings to specific target audiences as required.
- Facilitate and organize workshops in collaboration with project partners in countries as required.
- Draft workshop reports and document uptake of workshop knowledge and skills.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree in natural resources management, ecosystem restoration, ecological engineering, civil engineering, environment, disaster risk management or relevant discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned field in combination with additional 2 years of experience relevant to above duties and responsibilities may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in natural resources management, ecological restoration and protection or closely related field in combination with Master’s degree is required.
- Experience in disaster risk reduction / disaster management, project monitoring and evaluation, organizing and facilitating workshops and undertaking activities related to information/knowledge management, research, capacity building and/or project documentation and reporting is preferred.
- Experience in working with Government representatives and organizing and facilitating workshops with Government representatives is considered as asset.
- Experience in field implementation of natural resources management, ecological restoration, disaster reduction and/or environment-related projects is an asset.
- Experience in project monitoring and reporting is an asset.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating workshops is preferred.
- Experience working in conflict and disaster-affected field locations is an asset.
- Excellent drafting skills in preparing evaluation reports in English is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (use of MS Office 365, web-based information management systems) is preferred.
- Fluency in English and French (Speaking, reading and writing) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.