Deadline: 4 May 2017
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Global Fund TB Project Coordinator in Hargeisa, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 to 2 years.
The Global Fund TB Project Coordinator will ensure the TBMUs implement TB services in accordance with WHO agreed guidelines, submit quarterly reports, conduct regular supervision and on job training as required.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Global Fund TB Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- In collaboration with Health & Nutrition Manager, ensure TBMUs operate under the required WHO recommendations and standard TB Treatment guidelines are put in place.
- Coordinate and work with WHO to ensure appropriate training of TBMUs staff To advise on TBMUs stocks levels of anti TB drugs and laboratory supplies.
- Conduct regular site visits to TB facilities, and to identify challenges and co-create action plans to speed implementation and support quality treatment outcomes.
- Supervise and mentor facility-level sub-recipients partners in the proper implementation of TB/PAL diagnosis and treatment protocols.
- Identify staff capacity gaps and mobilize training to improve the operational and organizational capacity of sub-recipient partners.
- Conduct periodic site visits and onsite data verification and data quality audits, providing reports to DM&E function to target improvements in data quality.
- Contribute in program gap analysis at the TBMUs and inform the supervisor and other relevant persons.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical medicine, Public health or any other medical related study
- At least 4 years project management experience with extensive government engagement experience.
- Past experience working in TB and HIV / AIDS programs.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, high moral and ethical standards, attention to detail and an analytic approach to work.
- Ability to function in a cross–cultural environment, have a gender perspective in the scope of work and high emotional maturity.
- Ability to work under pressure, willingness to be flexible with working hours in order to ensure demanding timelines are met.
- Ability to work in a changing environment and managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and alone, supervised or unsupervised.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.