Deadline: 24 July 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall project cycle management and coordination of the anticipated Multi-sectorial Emergency Response project (Oromia, SNNP and Somali Regions).
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform following functions:
- Project Coordination and Representation
- Collaborate and coordinate with Area Managers, technical managers and team leaders to ensure high quality day-to-day technical management of activities, meeting of project targets and deliverables, with strict adherence to international humanitarian principles, DRC core values and code of conduct, technical standards and best practices for protection and cash programming.
- Monitor project implementation and progress through communication with field locations and regular field visits.
- Ensure project management tools, including Detailed Implementation Plan are in place, followed and updated.
- Collaborate with program and support staff at field and Addis Ababa level to work on project revisions and conduct regular project implementation and budget utilization review.
- Reporting, Grants and MEAL
- Ensure reporting from project partner to agreed timelines and standards.
- Collect inputs and consolidate narrative reports
- Ensure regular reporting for both internal and donor purposes are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- This will include providing periodic donor reports and internal spontaneous reports for various purposes. In addition, work with the focal persons in grants and finance to support timely financial and narrative reports to donor.
- Develop and maintain cordial working relationships with key stakeholders, including consortium lead and members, local government authorities, UN agencies, INGOs, community and other stakeholders.
- In line with this, represent DRC by actively participating in coordination meetings, working groups and any other meetings as requested by the consortium lead and other stakeholders.
- Ensure quality monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions, working with relevant MEAL staff to coordinate and roll out MEAL systems, including assessments and ensuring adequate monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting of activities against all indicators.
- Ensure that MEAL system is applied across the project locations.
- Ensure project plans for accountability to affected communities and communication and visibility are implemented
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in development studies, social work and social sciences or other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a mid-level position, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and project management working for an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Experience working in displacement responses in multi-sectoral interventions.
- Technical experience with cash-based programming and/or consortium management an added advantage.
- Strong planning, organization and problem-solving skills with ability to work both independently and within a team in a demanding working environment.
- Robust analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, partners, local organizations, and other stakeholders.
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English and Amharic.
- Nationality Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.