Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research Coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya.
IPA is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Oversee 2-3 Research Associates and their projects.
- Manage the high-level logistics of large-scale field experiments, including managing budgets, timelines, and procurement.
- Hiring, training, and managing project staff.
- Manage the relationships between various partners collaborating on the projects.
- Coordinate the development and field piloting survey instruments and qualitative interview guides.
- Ensure adherence to data quality protocols, including overseeing Research Associates in auditing enumerators, monitoring data collection, conducting data quality audits, and ensuring data security
- Assist in data cleaning and analysis.
- Ensure timely exchange of data and information between IPA and partners, incl. participating in meetings with key stakeholders and presenting research findings.
- Write reports detailing research findings and proposed interventions.
- Ensure that all necessary research permit and human subjects’ approvals are in place.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all IPA policies and procedures.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in economics, social sciences, public health, public policy, or related fields.
- Three to five years of research experience; experience in the fields of maternal and reproductive health strongly preferred.
- Training in development economics.
- Prior work experience conducting field research in developing countries is a plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills.
- Knowledge of Stata (strongly preferred), SAS, or other data analysis software.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Demonstrated ability to manage enumerator teams and survey operations at different levels (programming and data flow, financial budgeting and reporting, human resources and team building).
- Flexibility, self-motivating, ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations and policy makers.
- Fluency in English with strong communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IPA.