Deadline: 11 October 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Safety Coordinator in Hatay, Turkey.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the DRC Safety Risk Management System (SRMS) in Turkey.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Safety Coordinator will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Implement the Safety Risk Management System (SRMS) by providing timely and practical safety analysis and advice to the Country Director, the Senior Management Team and staff.
- Update operational safety tools (e.g. standard operating procedures, minimum operating safety standards, contingency plans) in accordance with SRMS and monitor staff compliance with these.
- Undertake and support others to undertake Safety Risk Assessments (SRAs) and facilitate the implementation of corresponding mitigation measures.
- Maintain a reliable network of safety information resources that includes other professionals in external agencies and open sources.
- Foster close cooperation with DRC Turkey’s finance and programme departments to ensure appropriate reflection of safety funds in the overall budget.
- Be a standing member of the incident management team.
- Assist with the implementation of the CIMP (Critical Incident Management Plan) by office/location and act as surge capacity in case regional emergencies demand so.
- Mentor and provide technical supervision to DRC Turkey Safety staff.
- Serve as regular member of the Code of Conduct Committee.
- Responsible for coordinating strategy and operations within a specific discipline in a region or country.
- Usually has technical line responsibilities within a given discipline, for both strategy and operations.
- Provide expert advice and support to set strategy and assure operational quality and compliance
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline (political science, peace & conflict studies, history, international development, disaster management).
- Relevant working experience as a safety manager/advisor with an INGO.
- Experience working in multicultural work settings.
- Proven ability to develop and implement effective and contextualized protocols and systems.
- Experience with information gathering, analysis and report writing.
- Ability to conduct and produce high quality Safety Risk Assessments (SRAs).
- Experience with critical incident management.
- Experience with delivering safety-related training.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Nationality of Turkey.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.