Deadline: 2 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter and Infrastructure Coordinator in Sana’a Yemen.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter and Infrastructure Coordinator will perform following functions:
- Support to Program Implementation:
- Technical management of sector projects.
- Identify priorities and technically assist the projects Monitoring, reporting and development.
- Develop program monitoring tools.
- Quality control and site monitoring to ensure that services provided are according standards.
- Reporting and Program Development:
- Write donor and management reports.
- Continuously update project documentation and files.
- Explore new business and partnerships.
- Work closely with Country Directors, Area Managers, and the Grants unit to develop quality proposals, concept notes and budget.
- Support to Program Quality:
- Develop and undertake needs assessments to inform program design and strategic direction.
- Conduct frequent rapid needs assessment of the situation in the event of emergency in collaboration with other stakeholders to address related problems.
- Build capacity of DRC national staff Shelter & Infrastructure Coordinator.
- Coordination and Representation:
- External coordination and representation.
- Share relevant project information with stakeholders.
- Responsible for supporting with conducting donor visits, provide briefing to Donors.
- Ensure the respect of DRC Code of Conduct and DRC’s zero tolerance policy of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), humanitarian principles and contribute to the integration of Protection and Age, Gender, Diversity (AGD) mainstreaming into DRC programming.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the Line Manager.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in civil engineering, water engineering or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in Shelter & WASH sector working for an INGO.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in project development.
- Experience working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Documented skills in project planning and design, drafting, calculation and technical writing.
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Arabic a very strong advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.