Deadline: 18 October 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter/Wash Social Coordinator in Zahle, Lebanon.
The Shelter/Wash Social Coordinator is responsible for implementing the delegated Shelter/Wash project portfolio within Bekaa area and managing the day to day activities of Shelter related field staff to ensure proper delivery, high quality results and compliance to applicable laws, standards, practices, policies and procedures in coordination with the Shelter Project Manager.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter/Wash Social Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to Shelter Strategy development, project proposals drafting and development, and provide consistent input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of the Shelter projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from the line manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Oversee the provision of Shelter services to NRC beneficiaries in the relevant area according to programme strategy, project proposals and budgets.
- Supervise the Shelter social team, ensure their capacity building and transfer key skills.
- Ensure implementation of project cycle management activities according to NRC framework.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in shelter activities.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the field Protection Coordinator.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and key external stakeholders..
- Work closely with the staff members to set and monitor objectives and work plans to ensure activities are implemented in accordance with overall project objectives.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of Shelter/Wash related documents.
- Ensure that the Shelter and WASH activities defined in the Social team’s work plan are taking place on due time and according to NRC standards and programme guidelines.
- Ensure that mapping of areas, shortlisting of neighborhoods and properties, and beneficiaries identification and selection for Shelter are consistent with programme guidelines.
- Prepare timely internal monthly reports and contribute to donor reporting and inter-agency reporting mechanisms on both area and national levels
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social studies or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant job experience in a similar role, preferably within the humanitarian sector.
- Knowledge of relevant concepts of international refugee and human rights law and understanding of protection principles.
- Significant understanding of Lebanon’s humanitarian, political and socio-economic context, and main challenges affecting refugees in Lebanon.
- Proven experience in coordinating activities and liaising with external actors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.