Deadline: 29 April 2016
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Volunteers Coordinator in Athens, Greece.
The Volunteers Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring mobilization and coordination of all volunteers supporting DRC activities in the emergency reception sites in DRC’s area of responsibility, and acting as liaison with local or international volunteer groups.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Volunteers Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Upon agreement from relevant government authorities, liaise with existing volunteer groups for identifying volunteers available for DRC activities in the emergency reception sites, including food or NFI distributions, warehouse management, community mobilization, communication, etc.
- Set up a roster of volunteers based on standards agreed with the government authorities.
- Support with organizing regular trainings and briefing sessions for new volunteers.
- Supervise volunteers on duty; endure briefing/debriefing/handover between shifts as necessary.
- Organize daily/weekly schedules for volunteers supporting DRC activities.
- Ensure a sufficient number of volunteers are available at any given time, for the smooth implementation of activities.
- Document lessons learned and best practices for each activity, to be shared with incoming volunteers.
- Ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct throughout activity implementation.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Site Manager to support DRC’s emergency response.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in a communications field.
- At least one years working experience in a related field; previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle.
- Flexibility, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.