Deadline: 25 August 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Accountant in San Jose, Costa Rica.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Accountant will perform the following functions-
- Manage contract expenditures according to federal acquisition regulations and procedures, ensuring compliance with U.S. government Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), USAID Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR) and USAID Automated Directives System (ADS).
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial policies and a system of internal control in conformance with best practices, federal regulations, and Cadmus’ ISO-related procedures.
- Train project finance and operation personnel in program-specific financial procedures
- Develop a cash flow plan for overall programmatic and contract activities.
- Oversee financial management of expenses associated with country plan allocations, contract of services, and procurement of goods.
- Develop metrics for program financial success, including identifying internal control weaknesses and implementing enhanced business practices to strengthen the system of internal control.
Applicant must have:
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field, with 7-10 year’s accounting and/or finance related experience.
- Advanced Degree with 10 year’s experience in the international development area is highly desired.
- Past relevant experience working with a professional services consulting firm, USAID-funded project, and/or the federal government is highly preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements and U.S. Government contracting.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Quickbooks.
- Ability to handle a high-volume workload and maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Native Spanish and professional proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.