Deadline: 7 September 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Administrative in San Jose, Costa Rica. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Associate Administrative will work closely with UNOPS operations, program and project staff in the Regional / Centers Project to resolve issues related to finance and information exchange Offices.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Administrative will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the preparation of the draft budget area and Programme projects.
- Perform the budget and accounting of the product of the financial implementation of Programme projects movements.
- Prepare the financial and accounting control projects are allocated.
- Prepare and process applications for approval of budget amendments, resolutions and extraordinary budgets.
- Check availability of pre-budget projects to managing payments.
- Deposit income Operating System (Enterprise Resource Planning – ERP).
- Maintaining an orderly necessary to support payment processes and allow properly cope audit processes registration documentation.
- Review of all payments through various reports in the Operating System (ERP).
- Prepare financial reports of the projects are implemented using the information provided by the operating system (ERP).
- Establish and maintain a system of internal control of deposits and expenses incurred by the UNOPS office in Costa Rica.
- Support in administrative procedures of payment processes as required by the Country Management in coordination with the Administrative Financial Officer.
- Participate in the study and analysis procedures and working methods.
- Track payments for each project and the operational budget of the area.
- Review of invoices and vouchers of expenses incurred under the Road Fund and Loan No.2080 Agreement.
- Supply materials and equipment working staff dependency and control the existence of them.
- Receive and process requests for maintenance and repairs of buildings, machinery and / or equipment dependency.
Applicants must have-
- Required Bachelor’s Business Administration, Business, Accounting or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years experience in administration and finance.
- Desirable knowledgeable in tax laws and tax.
- Advanced management operating system and Word, Excel and Power Point tools.
- Excellent oral proficiency, writing and reading Spanish language.
- Intermediate English proficiency is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.