Deadline: 6 August 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Costa Rica.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and oversight for all project activities and ensure that targeted results are achieved.
- Develop, communicate, and present the project’s strategic vision to staff, BHA, and all counterparts and stakeholders.
- Deliver effective strategies to support USAID to lead responses to natural disasters and complex emergencies, and build capacity of national emergency management systems, ministries, communities, and local and regional entities to mitigate and respond to disasters.
- Lead efficient monitoring, evaluation and learning approach to achieve results.
- Provide guidance and technical direction to project partners.
- Approve selection and hiring of staff and consultants and supervise their performance.
- Manage project budget and fund allocations and ensure accurate financial recordkeeping.
- Lead meetings and maintain relationships with local government officials and relevant stakeholders to build relationships of trust and cooperation to respond to and prepare for disasters effectively.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced Degree in international affairs, economics, environmental studies, public administration, public policy, business administration, or another relevant field relevant post-education experience may be considered in lieu of an advanced Degree.
- Minimum 10 year’s international development experience, preferably in Latin America or the Caribbean.
- Minimum 2 year’s field experience on a BHA or similar project, including supervisory experience leading and mentoring host-country teams.
- Experience working with USAID/BHA highly desired.
- Experience with development of training systems or course curriculum.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in disaster assistance, management, response, and disaster risk management required.
- Ability to lead and coordinate responses to natural disasters and complex emergencies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Fluency in Spanish and English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.