Deadline: 6 August 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party in Costa Rica.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Support the Chief of Party in providing leadership, technical direction, and oversight for project activities and ensuring that targeted results are achieved.
- Lead technical implementation of project activities, ensuring that they are synergized and complement each other throughout the region.
- Develop, communicate, and present the project’s strategic vision to staff, BHA, and all counterparts and stakeholders.
- Deliver effective strategies to support USAID to lead responses to natural disasters and complex emergencies and build capacity of national emergency management systems, ministries, communities, and local and regional entities to mitigate and respond to disasters.
- Provide guidance and technical direction to project partners.
- Supervise the performance of staff and consultants, such as regional and subject matter experts.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced Degree in international affairs, economics, environmental studies, public administration, public policy, business administration, or another relevant field, relevant post-education experience may be considered in lieu of an advanced Degree
- Minimum 7 year’s international development experience, preferably in Latin America or the Caribbean.
- Minimum 2 year’s field experience on a BHA or similar project, including supervisory experience leading and mentoring host-country teams.
- Experience working with USAID/BHA highly desired.
- Demonstrate capacity to manage regional teams and subcontractors on complex donor-funded programs of at least $5 million dollars.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in disaster assistance, management, response, and disaster risk management required.
- Ability to lead and coordinate responses to natural disasters and complex emergencies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to liaise and navigate effectively with government agencies, host-country government officials, universities, private sector stakeholders, and other donors.
- Ability to relocate to San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Fluency in Spanish and English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.