Deadline: 1 July 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Fundraising Officer in San Jose, Costa Rica.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Fundraising Officer will perform the following functions:
- Work to develop and implement Individuals Giving Programmes in the Costa Rica CO.
- Implement best practice in line with regional recommendations and work closely with the LAC.
- Regional Office to ensure the successful implementation of key channels.
- Work to implement the allocated investment and monitor and report on the KPI’s associated with the investment to the Country and Regional office on a monthly basis.
- Deliver on the desirable ROI as outlined in the investment applications and ensure deliver of associated gross revenue.
- Manage two UNV’s to develop direct dialogue channels in the Costa Rica Country Office.
- Carry out regular monthly revenue tracking through in-depth analysis of KPIs and regular engagement to monitor results.
- Identify opportunities for delivering revenue upside in Country Office to offset shortfalls in others.
- Work to identify appropriate fundraising agencies and carry out the necessary procurement processes with Operations to ensure timely contracting.
- Lead on the CRM system management in the Costa Rica CO.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in any of the following Marketing, Communication, Fundraising, Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, or equivalent.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university Degree.
- At least 2 year’s hands-on experience, in progressively responsible roles, of managing and developing Individual Giving activities, with at least 2 of those years in charities/NGOs, including experience of international fundraising.
- Experience from previous roles, either as direct manager or as a coordinator of complex initiatives involving other teams.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required for this post.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.