Deadline: 25 August 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Knowledge Management Specialist in Costa Rica.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Conduct a knowledge management needs assessment, draft the knowledge management implementation plan, and manage the realization of that plan throughout the life of the project.
- Provide guidance to RDAP staff on integrating knowledge management into regional and country specific activities, including the use of Community of Practice (CoP) strategies, expert exchanges, and communication.
- Propose and promote creative solutions for knowledge management throughout the organization and develop metrics to monitor existing knowledge management support activities.
- Support RDAP staff with the development and dissemination of knowledge and experience through enhanced communication, strengthened knowledge products, and publications
Coordinate internally with the training and monitoring and evaluation units to facilitate collaboration, learning, and adaptation initiatives.
- Coordinate externally with regional and national disaster management and risk reduction entities, to ensure RDAP communications and learning methods reflect stakeholder needs, preferences, and industry best practices.
- Work independently without supervision to meet required deadlines for a project as well as taking responsibility and ownership of issues and assignments.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5 year’s relevant job experience, including minimum 2 year’s on-the-job experience in knowledge management, communications, and talent development required, preferably in the humanitarian or emergency management sectors.
- Experience designing and implementing knowledge management plans that address knowledge gaps and identify approaches and dissemination channels that foster learning among key audiences.
- Experience establishing, strengthening, managing and/or facilitating communities of practice or learning networks, facilitating events and webinars, and developing materials for public presentations.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills, with demonstrated ability to produce high quality products and deliverables with little oversight.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Nationality of Costa Rica.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.