Deadline: 3 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in San José, Costa Rica. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Procurement Assistant will provide support in all operational tasks related to procurement processes of goods and services to ensure high quality results, according to the needs of its partners in the country and internal customers.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Procurement Specialist support in the technical coordination with customers.
- Registration requisitions Goods and Services Supplier in creating OneUNOPS system for UNOPS procurement processes.
- Management support Purchase Order (PO) and contracts in the OneUNOPS accounting system, amendments to contracts, control maturity of contracts and guarantees.
- Support in processing receipts of orders relating to recruitment processes of UNOPS projects, coordinating with the area of Administration and Finance Purchase.
- Registration documenting payments to suppliers.
- Support for the receipt and registration of goods and services from suppliers.
- Support overall control file procuring and safeguarding of documents, implementing a system file storage.
Applicants must have-
- Technical means Administration or related field.
- The requirement of technical studies can be replaced with relevant experience to the position.
- 1 year of relevant experience in areas of administrative support processes / areas of procurement.
- Experience with international organizations, NGOs and / or government will be considered a plus.
- Experience in using computer systems or packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge in project management systems will be considered a plus.
- Spanish language skills required.
- Intermediate English proficiency level is required to write and read.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.