Deadline: 25 August 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Food Security & Nutrition Specialist in Costa Rica.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Food Security & Nutrition Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical guidance to country-level Disaster Risk Management Specialists (DRMSs), host nations, and other relevant organizations on food security and nutrition including markets and livelihoods.
- Provide guidance to DRMS on capacity gaps and needs related to food security and nutrition, as well as the development and implementation of appropriate and feasible technical assistance activities to fill capacity gaps.
- Provide technical guidance and assess existing and required capabilities for food security and nutrition on a LAC region-wide level.
- Determine and implement priority interventions for each thematic area in coordination with RDAP staff.
- Work with the training unit to develop new or update existing BHA/LAC training courses and/or exercises based on needs and gaps.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, Master’s Degree, or higher, preferred.
- 5 year’s minimum work experience in fields related to emergency and/or disaster risk management, 10 year’s preferred
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in food security and nutrition including markets and livelihoods.
- Proven experience providing high quality markets and livelihoods analytics, assessment, and training services
- Demonstrate experience providing guidance and support to counterparts, such as government agencies, is recommended.
- Excellent knowledge of capacity building best practices and ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities, good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple activities, to plan effectively, and to communicate plans clearly.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable international standards, policies, practices, and key organizations related to food security and nutrition.
- Excellent writing skills in the native language and adequate writing skills in English.
- Ability to deploy on short notice for extended periods (up to 45 days) to anywhere in LAC, and possibly under austere living conditions.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.