Deadline: 10 November 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant at will perform the following functions
- Work Flow Management
- Receive and register all incoming and outgoing documents of the Department.
- Ensure that documents presented for Director’s signature are complete, with necessary attachments and background documents.
- Communication and Liasion
- Receive visitors and telephone calls with tact and discretion, and act according to the nature and urgency of each, including redirecting to the concerned divisions, as appropriate.
- Record-Keeping Documentation
- Maintain a filing system in both hard and soft copies to meet the needs of the Department.
- Keep a weekly calendar of activities that shows all meetings to be attended by the Director as well as by other staff members.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Commerce, Human resources, Administration or related discipline.
- Training in secretarial Science and/or Administration and Office Management is advantageous.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant and practical experience in administrative and secretarial roles, in similar offices of international Organizations, Development Banks or similar institutions.
- Good knowledge of administration and office support services, including systems and procedures.
- Good coordination skills – methodical and self-organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.