Deadline: 14 November 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advisor to Vice President in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Advisor to Vice President at will perform the following functions-
- Corporate Services Policies, Strategies and Guidelines
- Advise the Vice President on and initiate, develop and review Bank Group’s Corporate Services policies, rules, regulations, processes and standards.
- Provide critical analysis of Corporate Services policies, and directives and advise the Vice President on procedures, approaches for the implementation of the complex mandate.
- Advice on Human Resources Management
- Advise the Vice President on and initiate, develop and review Bank Group’s Human Resources policies, rules, regulations, processes and standards.
- Evaluate the continued applicability of existing Bank Group’s Human Resources policies and guidelines to provide advice, suggestions and recommendations to the Vice-President on amendments.
- Advice on Management of Languages Services
- Advisor to the Vice President will be the lead contact in the front office on all issues concerning the management of the Languages Services Department.
- Budget and Activities Management in the Front Office
- Lead on managing the Budget of the CHVP Complex in support of the Vice President.
- Lead on supervising, monitoring the administrative functions of the front office including Town Hall meeting, Senior Management Meetings and Vice President Missions.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organisational Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Sector Management, Finance, Law, Strategic management or related discipline.
- At least 8 year’s relevant work experience preferably in an International organization.
- Experience in projects management.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.