Deadline: 8 November 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Financial Analyst in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Financial Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Balance Sheet Optimization Activities
- Design balance sheet optimization transactions to assist the Bank with proactive management and preservation of its risk capital in compliance with its prudential limits, including asset sell downs, guarantee structures, reinsurance and risk participations on the Bank’s sovereign and/or non-sovereign portfolio.
- Collaboration with the Chief Risk Officer, support in the monitoring of the transactions which have been guaranteed/insured to assure compliance with the policy signed with the risk protection seller, and Board expectations.
- Assist in the calculation and payment of insurance premium, guarantee fees or other compensation payable to risk protection seller to ensure active risk cover at all times during the life of the insured transactions.
- Development and Marketing of Financial Products
- Lead the design of new and/or enhanced financial products and their associated operational guidelines (product specification, technical guidelines and implementation modalities), including coordinating feedback from various implicated departments (legal, accounting, risk, financial management etc).
- Manage the processing and implementation of new financial products by ensuring cross-departmental buy-in and clearance of the concept proposals through the relevant internal committees including Asset-Liability Management Committee (ALCO) all the way to Board of Directors.
- Assist operational teams to help resolve important funding or hedging needs, while applying a broad knowledge of international financial markets to ensure high quality outcomes for the Bank and its clients, including new guarantee approaches and/or other risk mitigation financial instruments to meet the changing needs of commercial lenders and institutional investors.
- Structured Finance, Financial Solutions, Advisory and Technical Support
- Provide financial technical expertise and advisory services on project teams to support task managers to design appropriate structures and solutions to meet the growing and evolving needs of clients.
- Participate in upstream preparation/originating, structuring, appraising, negotiating, restructuring and closing of Bank transactions in various sectors utilizing the breadth of available instruments, with a focus on risk mitigation products (e.g. guarantees and hedging).
- Equip operational staff to assist borrowers in making decisions on the choice of lending or non-lending product(s) and the packaging of loans consistent with their financial and economic circumstances.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree (or its equivalent) in finance, banking, business administration, economics, accounting or related discipline.
- 7 year’s experience with good financial market knowledge – particularly in relation to transaction structuring, financial products development and marketing, serving on a trading desk executing derivative transactions, local currency financing, project finance due diligence, financial modeling, and risk and capital management instruments.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder or an International Capital Markets Association certification will be a plus.
- Experience of working with private sector projects, state owned entities, utilities/infrastructure authorities and African governments.
- Knowledge of market instruments and market sources of financing (sovereign bond financing, municipal/sub-sovereign financing, syndicated lending/infrastructure finance), other sources of financing (e.g., other IFIs, export credit agencies, concessionary bilateral financing, etc) and risk management/hedging products (e.g, swaps, forwards, futures, options, etc).
- Knowledge of the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and web tools).
- Knowledge of Accounting Systems including SAP, Summit, Reuters and Bloomberg applications a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge (verbal and written) of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.