Deadline: 13 February 2022
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Natural Resources Officer in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief Natural Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate capacity building programmes and technical advisory services to assist RMCs on integrated natural resource management, and providing on-demand technical advice for RMCs on cross-cutting policy issues related to the natural resource sectors.
- Design policy tools for investment decision-making in the natural resource sector, in support of integrated natural resources management, natural resource conservation and green growth.
- Lead policy dialogue and advocacy activities to build internal and external knowledge on integrated natural resource management for sustainable development.
- Provide technical advice to renewable and non-renewable resource experts in the Centre to ensure an integrated, holistic approach in the Centre’s interventions on natural resource management, and to ensure mainstreaming of global best practices on green growth, climate change and environmental sustainability.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in economics, international development, law or public policy.
- Specialisation in natural resource management is highly desirable.
- Relevant doctorate Degree is an advantage.
- Minimum 7 year’s relevant experience with a specific focus in any of the following areas integrated natural resource management, natural resource conservation, biodiversity, natural capital and ecosystem services management, environmental management, climate change, green growth.
- Strong knowledge production skills; able to prepare high-quality publications and reports for a broad range of audiences.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.