Deadline: 22 February 2021
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director & CEO in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director & CEO will perform the following functions-
- Establish and promoting the Facility’s vision and strategy towards the achievement of the Facility’s objectives, in compliance with the Agreement establishing the Facility (its rules, regulations and general By-laws).
- Plan, develop and build up effective operations for the Facility and establishing performance and accountability systems that ensure consistency in decision-making.
- Prepare operational and salary budgets and efficiently managing and monitoring expenses relative to the budget and resources allocated to ALSF thereby ensuring that the Facility’s funds and funds entrusted to it are used for their intended purposes.
- Carry out activities aimed at raising awareness and increasing membership of the Facility and ratification of the Facility’s Agreement.
- Continuously carry out resource mobilization and fund raising for the Facility amongst governments, supranational organizations, bilateral and multilateral bodies including building and maintaining collaboration with sister institutions.
- Direct outreach programs, organizing interactive workshops and conducting training to, inter alia, disseminate lessons learned amongst the Facility’s members, international organizations, bar associations, judiciaries and other relevant external parties.
- Recruit, train, mentor, coaching and provide overall management of a multi-faceted team consistent with ALSF’s business requirements.
- Ensure prompt and appropriate review consistent with established standards of all requests for assistance received from the Facility’s Members and determining the suitable response and course of action.
- Represent ALSF in national and international fora on debt relief, vulture fund litigation and other matters related to the Facility’s objectives.
- Organize meetings of the Management Board and the Governing Council and day-to-day administration of the Facility including appointing the staff of the Facility and submitting independently-audited financial reports to the Management Board and the Governing Council.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or its university equivalent in law, economics, management or relevant social sciences or related disciplines.
- 10 year’s or 7 year’s of experience for PhD holders demonstrated track record of extensive and progressive experience in international law with a particular focus on complex sovereign litigation, enforcement of judgments and sovereign natural resource contracting and related issues, 5 years of which must be at a managerial level.
- In-depth experience in high level resource mobilization and fund raising amongst governments, supranational organizations, bilateral and multilateral bodies amongst others.
- Ability to articulate a clear vision for the Facility’s development mission in achieving sustainable legal capacity on the African continent.
- Demonstrable diplomatic skills and experience working in complex and politically-sensitive contexts with excellent political judgment.
- Demonstrated effective coordination, management and leadership skills and an ability to work under pressure in a multicultural environment to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated political judgment and internationally recognized ability to bring strong strategic thinking, multilateral cooperation and other qualities needed for effective leadership in international governance structures such as the ALSF as well as in the international fora for sustainable development.
- Proficiency in either Arabic, English, French or Portuguese.
- Knowledge of one other language will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.