Deadline: 5 February 2021
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director, Regional Integration in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director, Regional Integration will perform the following functions-
- Business responsibility
- Supervise the design and Bank-wide monitoring of RI-related strategic instruments such as the Regional Integration Strategic Framework (RISF).
- Design systems and approache to mainstream regional integration in Bank operations as well as programming instruments such as the regional integration strategy papers and the country strategy papers.
- Ensure efficient administration and scaling of the ADF regional operations (RO) envelope as well as regular reporting of the impacts of the envelope during ADF mid-term reviews and ADF replenishments.
- Establish reporting mechanisms, frameworks and executive-level dashboards to provide actionable insights to Senior Management on the performance of the Bank’s regional integration project portfolio.
- Supervise the design, implementation and maintenance of flagship knowledge and analytical products that are operationally relevant, help drive policy reforms at regional and continental levels and cement the Bank’s position as a knowledge-broker on regional integration.
- Resource responsibility
- Lead the effective implementation of the Department’s workstreams.
- Manage the Department’s personnel with appropriate delegation of authority in order to ensure that the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) set for the department and the Bank are met.
- Lead the strategic planning for the human capital requirements of the Department, including performance appraisal of work undertaken, appraisal of staff potential, and determination of training and development needs.
- Supervise the effective delivery of the Department’s budget and ensures timely submission of periodic reports in accordance with the Bank’s budget management regulations.
- Initiate necessary corrective actions to address all audit findings successfully, and to prevent any repeat thereof.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or its equivalent in economics, international relations/trade, law, social or any other related international development fields.
- Master’s Degree plus Completed Course in Leadership and or Project Management Certification is desirable.
- 10 year’s of extensive and in-depth experience in hard and soft regional integration issues with at 5 years experience at managerial level or in a leadership role.
- Experience obtained from a similar international development institution is desirable.
- Ability to present and win support for ideas, a good listener, cultural sensitivity, commitment to diversity, capacity to initiate and manage innovations and change.
- Ability to build partnership with a broad range of clients and deliver results that meet the needs and long-term interests of clients within and outside the institution.
- Strong capacity to analyse actions from the perspectives of stakeholders, and to translate strategic thinking into compelling action plans.
- Ability to take prudent business risks and make effective, timely and well-determined decisions.
- Knowledge of and experience in project management, development and regional integration issues.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.