Deadline: 27 August 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Division Manager, Financial Inclusion and Intermediation in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Division Manager, Financial Inclusion and Intermediation will perform the following functions:
- Technical Oversight:
- Conduct policy dialogue with government officials; identify investment opportunities for possible Bank financing, promote Bank private sector operations and programs to government officials, business operators, development partners, etc.
- Monitor and analyse economic developments in regional member countries.
- Knowledge Management
- Coordinate and guide financial sector experts in the division in the documentation, synthesis and dissemination of emerging industry trends, best practices, lessons, and case studies in Africa and globally.
- Support the development of a knowledge management system that ensures the division captures all relevant information and knowledge from the Bank’s work in financial intermediation and inclusion to inform implementation, reporting, communications, and business development.
- Resource Allocation and Administration
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of the Division’s budget and resource prioritization and allocation.
- Lead and coordinate the allocation of tasks to the financial sector experts in the division including collaborative efforts with other divisions and complexes.
- People Management
- Plan, organize and supervise the activities and staff of the Division.
- Build and manage a team of motivated professional and support staff in providing efficient and high-quality services that support the business.
- Maintain a clear vision and strategy for the division that can be communicated to partners, investors, media, Bank colleagues and Bank clients.
- Corporate Communication
- Communicate effectively to staff and management how the related strategy, policy, and processes support the needs of the business and enable a productive, positive and engaging work environment for staff.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s in Finance, Development Economics, Business Administration or any other discipline that is relevant to the Financial Sector development.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant experience in Financing Corporates/SMEs involved in the Infrastructure, manufacturing, and Agriculture sectors (or Bank’s Hi5sectors) preferably within a financial institution or non-banking Financial institution.
- 3 year’s which should be in a management position or leadership role.
- Experience in delivering on financial intermediation and inclusion including digital financial inclusion and financial sector works and operations from project origination, financial and economic analysis and financial structuring to closure and implementation.
- Proven track record in the structuring of a range of Bank products, such as loans, equity, guarantee products and technical assistance.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate, participate in, and act as a catalyst for, strategic cross-sector dialogues within the networks, across the country, among Bank colleagues and other development institutions, governments, and other organizations.
- Ability to pull together all aspects of project origination and drive the process to deliver the lending program.
- Competence in the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent Professional written and verbal communications in English or French with a working knowledge of the other.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.