Deadline: 12 November 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Division Manager, Rural Infrastructure in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Division Manager, Rural Infrastructure at will perform the following functions-
- Innovation and Technical Advice in Design and Implementation of Public and Private Partnerships (PPP) financed Special Agro-Industrial Processing Zones (SAPZs)
- Develop innovative rural infrastructure approaches with specific focus on developing SAPZs through Public and variants of PPPs.
- Guide teams in development of functional and technical specifications, project designs and feasibility studies for commercially viable SAPZs.
- Knowledge Sharing on Special Agro-Industrial Processing Zones
- Develop a learning ladder, including models from other geographic regions, Asia, Latin America, and the African Continent to share knowledge on SAPZs.
- Policy and Partnerships with Public and Private Stakeholders
- Develop and carry out an alliance strategy with financial institutions at the country level to support small medium size enterprises.
- Convey of African and global leaders to generate support for and commitment for the special agro-industrial processing zones (SAPZs).
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, Finance, Engineering, or closely related disciplines.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience in the area of rural infrastructure development with 7 year’s working with a private sector company working on infrastructure projects or an international multilateral institution working on Public Private Partnerships and 3 year’s which should be at a managerial level.
- Sound experience with International Development Financing Institutions in developing countries including a satisfactory knowledge of their operational policies and procedures.
- Proven leadership in matters relating to rural development such as policy dialogue, technical review of reports and consultation with other financiers, among others.
- Knowledge of Africa and the rural development needs, opportunities, development challenges and possible solutions.
- Acute knowledge and understanding of the elements essential for the effective delivery and measurement of development impacts through projects and programs in Africa.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.