Deadline: 18 February 2021
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Energy Specialist (Knowledge) in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Energy Specialist (Knowledge) will perform the following functions-
- Collect and synthesize knowledge and information necessary to support the Bank’s policy dialogue efforts in the energy sector.
- Produce information in support of the Bank’s programs and projects in the energy sector, such as energy bulletins, blogs and analytical case studies.
- Disseminate distinctive insights and knowledge within and outside the Bank using specific formats and appropriate platforms, e.g. by producing and collecting a variety of sector-specific reports, policy briefs, country profiles, and other knowledge materials on energy -related issues in Africa.
- Conduct effective outreach and communication by coordinating blogs, newsletters, webinars, media interviews and events in relevant platforms.
- Create visually attractive content for use on specific formats and platforms such as the Africa Energy Portal, using data collection, analyses, and visualization for specific audiences.
- Perform regular client satisfaction surveys of the Africa Energy Portal audiences and make the necessary adjustment to reflect the needs and requirements of users.
- Engage and enhance partnerships with stakeholders in the energy space including Development Finance Institutions, Think Tanks, Universities, Private sector, and professional associations.
- Liaise and collaborate with departments of the Bank in charge of IT & Communications to ensure coordination and the good functioning of the Africa Energy Portal and help solve any technical issues related to the hosting and management of the Portal as well as all communications related matters.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree energy, economics, finance, business management, development studies, or equivalent.
- 5 year’s relevant professional experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Holistic view on the energy sector in developing countries, including a good understanding of the key trends and developments in frontier-markets.
- Ability in collection, analysis and dissemination of information and knowledge.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, ability to work efficiently under pressure and keep tight deadlines.
- Track-record of producing high quality briefs and analytical documents.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Projects).
- Ability to use various tools available and applied by the Bank such as SAP, Mailchimp and Drupal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.