Deadline: 19 November 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Governance Officer in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Governance Officer at will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical and advisory support to Regional Member Countries and project teams in the preparation and implementation of programs aimed at promoting good governance, transparency and accountability, effective economic management and the improvement of the business environment.
- Coordinate/lead the identification, development and implementation of complex and high risk operations, including budget support/program-based operations and institutional support projects at country and regional levels.
- Provide expertise and guidance towards ensuring improved management of projects facing implementation issues.
- Ensure quality at entry of Governance operations, including ensuring key technical, financial and crosscutting issues are incorporated into projects to ensure expected impact and Results.
- Coordinate and/or collaborate with other Bank entities, often in a leadership role, in the preparation and review of policy statements, briefs, strategies and various reports on governance issues.
- Identify themes, and undertake analytical work, to inform governance programming, in particular on political economy analysis, policy dialogue and sector governance.
- Ensure that governance aspects are mainstreamed in Bank-financed operations, in particular addressing cross-sectoral issues and the Governance various dimensions of implementation of the High Fives, in collaboration with other Bank organizational units.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Public administration, Governance/ Political Science, Law or related fields.
- Minimum 7 year’s experience in governance, public sector management, policy formulation, policy dialogue, revenue management, public expenditure or related areas.
- Strong experience in the design and delivery of operations (including investment projects and policy based operations), as well as project management.
- Depth understanding of governance and public financial management issues, including strong background in Africa and/or countries in transition.
- Familiarity with operational policies and programming practices of multilateral organisations, with familiarity with the work of the African Development Bank being a distinct advantage.
- Ability to apply innovative approaches, to lead but also to work independently, and to apply new methods to solve problems, while remaining efficient in a fast-paced, changing and challenging institutional environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.