Deadline: 15 December 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Manager, Operation Office – Implementation Support in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Manager, Operation Office – Implementation Support will perform the following functions-
- Lead the strategic staffing of the Implementation Support Division team in the respective region, giving due support to and championing the Bank’s Gender Strategy, and promoting a culture of gender equality.
- Lead, plan, organize, manage and supervise the activities and work program of the Division with appropriate delegation of day-to-day activities.
- Drive and ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Division in achieving the Bank’s strategic imperatives and the management of change and its budget resources management.
- Cultivate and ensure a culture of “ONE-Bank” in the Implementation Support Division, with the highest levels of ethics, fiduciary responsibility and professionalism to protect and enhance the reputation of the Bank.
- Provide both technical and managerial leadership to staff in the definition and realization of the Key Performance Indicators of the Division.
- Advance regional integration through the development and execution of major regional transformative development projects to attain the Bank’s High 5s.
- Strengthen the human and institutional capacities of countries and deepen the capacity of the Bank to become the thought leader in knowledge products and advisory services to countries.
- Lead or contribute to the development/review of appropriate strategies, policies and guidelines for efficient and effective implementation of the Bank’s portfolio.
- Advise the Director General on strategic options and approaches to improve the overall health of the Bank’s portfolio and achievement of results.
- Work with the relevant Sector Complexes to draw on and/or contribute resources as needed.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in business administration, economics, engineering or any other relevant field.
- 8 year’s of relevant professional experience, 3 year’s of which should be in a management position or leadership role.
- Private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience in project origination, financial and economic analysis, and financial structuring (project finance and corporate finance) in a multilateral financial institution with special focus on at least one of the sectors in the assigned Division.
- Experience in and strong understanding of socio-economic and development issues and dynamics in at least one of the sectors covered by the Division particularly in Africa and/or assigned region Africa.
- Experience with working in a team oriented, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, international and professional environment.
- Ability to deploy a strategic mind-set and the capacity to steer the Division’s agenda while empowering staff during a phase of institutional reforms and transformation towards greater country focus of the Bank’s activities.
- Client Orientation, First-rate interpersonal skills, Communication Skills, Business Acumen.
- Familiarity with strategies, policies, procedures and practices of multilateral development institutions.
- Comprehensively understands projects structures, including project planning, risk management strategy, issue management strategy, communication management strategy, lessons learned and handover, and other critical success factors, strategies, policies, procedures and practices of multilateral development banks.
- Highly developed negotiation skills proven to yield positive outcomes with senior counterparts, both internal and external, and understands when and how to apply tact, influence, maintain a hard line, make or break contacts, understand unwritten lines of influence and conduct oneself accordingly.
- Knowledge in the structuring and execution of debt and equity investments in the assigned sector projects and programs.
- Competence in the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent Professional written and verbal communications in English or French with a working knowledge of the other.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.