Deadline: 12 November 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Plan Administrator and Head of Unit in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Plan Administrator and Head of Unit at will perform the following functions-
- Lead and coordinate the business of the Staff Retirement Plan and act as the official representative of the Plan.
- Lead the analysis, formulation, implementation and review of the retirement policies and objectives.
- Lead and oversee the maintenance of accurate records concerning participation in, retirement under, or termination from the Plan and any entitlement to benefits thereunder as shall be required for the proper administration of the Plan.
- Keep abreast of trends in the pension industry; provide authoritative technical and financial analysis and furnish to each Committee all such information or interpretations as shall be required to enable each Committee to make appropriate and informed decisions in the discharge of their mandate.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Law, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Management, or other related field.
- Professional certifications in actuarial, investment and/or asset management, will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 9 year’s relevant experience in Administration, Investments and Pension related services and out of these 5 year’s must be at managerial/supervisory level with further experience in auditing, financial accounting and reporting, and risk management.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with diverse stakeholders.
- Problem solving, with clear understanding of the drivers and barriers to success in complex cultural environment where uniform rules need to be applied.
- Ability to drive change and be flexible, open minded and capacity to maintain integrity.
- Good leadership skills, a strong results-oriented approach, the ability to build relationships with diverse and complex stakeholders.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.