Deadline: 22 January 2022
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Planning and Administrative Officer in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Planning and Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Liaise with the SNFI department’s front office and divisions with a view to gather information about the annual work programs and prepare accordingly the department’s administrative budget;
- Based on the operations-related divisions’ work programs, liaise with the operations Complexes Budget Focal point and SNVP Budget Coordinators to ensure availability of resources for providing effective fiduciary support during preparation and appraisal missions, including country strategy papers.
- Provide administrative support, including preparation of administrative and budget forms and processing of requests in SAP.
- Liaise with the SNVP Budget Coordinator on a continuous basis to anticipate on budget issues; identify and initiate measures for mobilization of additional resources putting forth efficiency requirement.
- Work with the Divisions Managers to ensure proper programming and timely implementation of SNFI Work Program.
- Provide administrative assistance to PL and GS staff in logistical arrangements for the planning of activities, including support to the recruitment of consultants and preparation and execution of training activities, in accordance with budget provisions.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in business Finance, Accounting, business administration, Human Resources, Office management, or any other related discipline combined with relevant experience.
- Minimum 4 year’s relevant experience in the fields of expertise concerned.
- Good knowledge of the international development institutions’ budget management policies, guidelines, procedures, and strong ability to interpret institutional-related policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Proven knowledge of the Bank’s procurement rules and procedures for the recruitment of consultants; of disbursement procedures and of financial management guidelines and tools, is a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Proficiency in both languages of the Bank (English and French) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.