Deadline: 21 February 2021
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Disbursement Officer in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Disbursement Officer will perform the following functions-
- Operational Advice and Support
- Monitor effectiveness, disbursement ratio, special account ratio, counter- part funding issues and loan closing for the assigned portfolio of countries.
- Provide technical support to sector departments, lead review and provide input to country and project teams of project documents such as Appraisal Report, Country Strategy and Program, Project Completion Reports etc.
- Participate in country strategy preparation and midterm reviews including assessing capacity development requirements for financial management at the country level; and assist in completing country financing parameters, where necessary.
- Provide disbursement-related assistance to Operations during project launching, project supervision, and portfolio review missions.
- Assist project teams in the assessment of the financial management capacity of borrowers or executing agencies and in the design of financial, accounting and control systems for project execution.
- Loan Disbursements
- Review disbursement applications to ensure that all conditions and requirements precedent to disbursement are satisfied and that internal rules and procedures are complied with, prior to approval and payment.
- Manage reimbursement guarantees issued to commercial banks, including examining requests of issuing reimbursement guarantees and preparing them for the commercial banks.
- Manage funds flow, ensure appropriate allocation of resources to the principal expenditure categories of goods, works and services and manage the use of t Special Accounts.
- Provide training on disbursements policies and procedures in borrowing member countries and to staff in the Bank.
- Verify effectiveness of loans in the case of the first disbursement, and the last disbursement deadline.
- Ensure that the amounts disbursed by the Bank Group will finance only eligible expenditures.
- Coordinate effectively with the relevant country offices on disbursement matters.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in finance, accounting, business administration or other related disciplines.
- 6 year’s of relevant and progressive professional experience.
- Proficiency of accounting policies, practices and general policies, procedures, guidelines and reporting requirements prevalent in a multilateral institution.
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management.
- Ability to interpret and explain patterns in information.
- Ability to apply updated advancements in own knowledge area to relevant task.
- Client Orientation- delivering contributions across a variety of products and services to meet clients’ needs.
- Achieve Results and Problem Solving-using appropriate methods for addressing the causes of issues and monitoring achievement of results according to work plans.
- Working Together-Maintaining collaborative relationships and working with diverse colleagues in and outside the Bank.
- Communication, Knowledge Sharing and Innovation and Change.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in French with a good working knowledge of English.
- Proficiency in the use of standard MS Office software applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as SAP.
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.