Deadline: 12 December 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Gender Business Development Officer in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Gender Business Development Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide top quality gender analysis and substantive inputs to Bank’s strategic documents such as policies, strategies or any other relevant documents.
- Provide guidance and operational inputs in the Bank projects for gender mainstreaming to improve inclusivity and development outcomes.
- Assist in the establishment, implementation and management of the Bank-wide Gender Equality Coordination Committee and its activities.
- Assist, follow and implement the work of cross-departmental teams to support the integration of gender in sector strategies, flagships, policies, programmes and any other relevant documents.
- Support the One Bank approach by ensuring the implementation of common objectives across the Bank complexes.
- Prepare briefs, case studies or any other documents to showcase gender equality impacts resulting from Bank’s projects.
- Initiate and lead gender knowledge products in alignment with the Bank High 5s.
- Support in the categorization of Bank’s operations using the Gender Marker System and assist in ensuring Quality-At-Entry of Bank’s projects.
- Provide support to the gender specialists in the regions in the project cycle documentation and strategic papers to influence on gender activities and outcomes.
- Organize and/or attend technical trainings, seminars, conferences, summits and any relevant events in relation with his/her responsibilities.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or its equivalent in international development, development finance, economics, gender studies or related areas, relevant qualification in development project management and project finance.
- 6 year’s of professional experience on gender and social inclusion in the development and ability to work across different teams and sectors.
- Advocacy and policy engagement experience at all levels, particularly in relation to gender equality and women empowerment.
- Understand regional social and economic issues, analysis and policy formulation.
- Knowledge of the practices of major bilateral and multilateral partner development agencies in African countries is an added advantage.
- Strong communication and organization skills, dealing with various stakeholders with different background and capacity to perform in complex situations.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Ability to use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.